Be of Service. If you want a shortcut to feeling good, serving humankind is the best feeling anyone can have. We spend much of our time bemoaning our shortcomings, faults, traumas and dramas that we forget that we all have gifts to offer the world.
We Need Reminding
Of course, this is not new. Gurus, Sages, Wise Teachers, etc., have been espousing this truth for eons, but we people are ‘new’ every century or so and need reminding. I am committing to consciously BOS everyday for the month of February. Care to join me?
- Take care of yourself. Be filled with what makes you the most you. You being you is what the world needs more of.
- You can’t do ‘it’ wrong.
- ‘Can be for any person, animal, place or thing. Family members count—it all counts but see point #3
- It’s something you don’t get paid for or ‘rewarded’ for, other than it feels darn good. You are not giving to get. (If you are already in a service industry—daily serving others—is there an action you can do that is outside of your job description, that’s just from the heart?)
- It is not done grudgingly or with resentment. Don’t do anything because you ‘should.’ You must act with a spirit of being generous, kind and wanting to serve.
- Large or small; All BOS acts count.
- Keep track of your daily service and of any surprising or unexpected consequences.
Inspiration is Unlimited
If you have trouble coming up with a BOS idea, The Universe is crazy unlimited with ideas. In my experience, every time I send up a prayer/an ask “How can I Be of Service?” or ‘whom can I help?’ I get an answer/inspiration or an opportunity presents itself within a very short time.
Service to others is one of the quickest, surest ways to instantly feel better and just as importantly, our family, community, world becomes a better place with each act of service we provide. If you’re already a regular volunteer, thank you for your service.
And, remember, the ultimate act of service to you, your loved ones and your community is to be and love yourself.